|Start Date:||September 2022||Contract Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Salary:||Leadership Scale – L20-L24 – £67,364 to £74,295||Closing Date:||9.00 am Monday 23rd May 2022|
|Interview Date:||26th May 2022 or 27th May 2022|
Head of School
Full Time, Permanent
Required for September 2022
We are delighted to announce that due to the growth of our Trust, we are seeking to appoint a Head of School for Stockland Green School. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and outstanding practitioner to work collaboratively with the Headteacher and senior leadership team to support strategically in the leadership and management of the school.
Stockland Green is an 11- 16 oversubscribed secondary school with over 750 students. The school has an on-site Autistic Spectrum Condition base, where 14 pupils are currently educated. A good road and rail network provides easy accessibility from all parts of the West Midlands. Stockland Green School is a school where children are able to grow and develop in an environment where we strive to ensure success for all our learners academically, socially and morally. We are a ‘family’ with high standards for all members of our community where respect is at the heart of all that we do.
Salary: Leadership Scale – L20-L24 – £67,364 to £74,295
Location: The role will be based at Stockland Green School, Slade Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 7JH
Start Date: 1 September 2022
What you will need to succeed
- To share our passion for wanting the very best for our students and schools
- Be committed to keeping our students safe
- To be a talented senior leader looking to extend your experience
- Be highly motivated and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with the natural ability to inspire and motivate both pupils and peers
- Be an outstanding teacher and leader
- Be emotionally intelligent with the ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent people manager who is able to motivate and develop the teams you lead
- The ability to work in a fast paced, challenging yet always rewarding role
What you will get in return
- Professional development is key to our ongoing success, so we invest in your development through training, mentoring and progression opportunities across our schools and Teaching School Hub including NPQH
- The opportunity to join our team of leading education experts and propel your career to the next level
- A competitive salary
- Competitive pension scheme (Teachers’ Pension Scheme)
- Three Professional Development Days
What you need to do now
To arrange an informal chat about the role, please contact Stephanie Harper, PA to the Headteacher, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 566 4311
Completed applications should include an application form and a letter of application no more than 2 sides of A4 stating ‘how your experience to date supports you to be Head of School using the person specification contained in the application pack as a framework.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Please note we do not accept CV’s; applications will only be considered if received on an ATLP application form.
Closing date: Monday 23rd May 2022 at 9.00am
Interviews will take place on Thursday 26th or Friday 27th May 2022
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website:
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement of the role.
Please note we do not accept CV’s, application will only be considered if received on an ATLP application form.
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership (ATLP) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, prohibition check, qualifications (where applicable), medical fitness, identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references which will be sought prior to interview. The ATLP is an equal opportunities employer.
Please find a link to our safeguarding policy which we would encourage you to read prior to applying to work in our organisation https://atlp.org.uk/files/2022/01/ATLP-Safeguarding-and-Child-Protection-Sept-2021-FINAL.pdf